Please don’t spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the Causes that need their help. At scale! We create both revenue and impact through a Software-as-a-Service product that we sell into corporate South Africa as a tool to create, launch and manage Employee Volunteering Programmes. This platform is used by 13 major brands with 20k+ employees already signed up.
We need someone to join our Programme Management team – directly interfacing with large South African corporates as we manage their Employee Volunteering Programmes, events and strategic projects on our platform.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on!
YOU MUST WANT:
- To work in a fast-paced tech “Scale-Up” environment, where at times it may be necessary to do tasks beyond the job description.
- To be rewarded for outcomes over effort.
- A non-traditional client service job. We have a hybrid team with different strengths. A little bit of sales, a whole lot of communication, the opportunity to put your creative genius to the test, while at the same time understanding and hitting performance targets.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Learn quickly, work fast, think big, prove yourself, leave ego at the door.
- Share passion, be energetic, solve problems on your feet and obsess over the details.
- Commit. We’re not going to sink blood, sweat, tears, time and champagne (our celebration method of choice currently) into someone who’s going to bounce when things get hard. You’re in this for 2-4 years or you’re not in it at all.
YOU MUST BE:
- Comfortable with technology. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- We take our client relationships very seriously. You will be building productive, respectful and innovative relationships with up to 6 large corporates.
- Attend client status meetings, generate and create reports.
- Be responsible for invoicing and client retention.
Crisis manage and problem solve any issues that arise.
- Provide training to new and existing clients. Confidence and presentation skills are critical.
- Provide strategic input into the design of employee volunteering programmes and the customisation of our platform.
- Reporting on monthly traffic, behaviour and insights. Invent and execute tactics based on these insights.
- Create, pitch, manage and report on client events and campaigns.
- Be excellent. Be awesome. Be detailed orientated.
- Work with our Community Team to ensure that our client’s Causes (charities) are happy and responsive and getting value out of the programme.
- Work with the Product Management and Development Team to invent and test new features, concierge employee experiences and provide user feedback.
- Continuously use, test, iterate and execute client strategies on our platform.
- Contribute to forgood’s social media presence.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A tertiary qualification. If you don’t have a degree, show us why you don’t need one.
- 4-8 years, client facing/client management experience. Don’t cheat on this one – the ability to build relationships and deliver excellent client-facing work takes practice.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills
- Any social sector experience = bonus but not necessary. We’re more interested in high-performance capitalists that want to create some meaning in the world.
- Event Management / Activation / Marketing / Communication experience VERY preferable. We need all-rounders that are multi-skilled and can multi-task.
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you CARE. It doesn’t tell us that you REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. And we only want to hear from people who REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t. 60% of applicants won’t even read this far – so we’ll delete their application.
Please answer these questions. We’ll ONLY request CVs from the best answers.
1. What is your worst client experience so far – and what did you learn from it?
2. Which of your skills do you think would be the most relevant for this role?
3. How do you think our product (www.forgood.co.za) can be improved?
4. We’ll get tons of great candidates. Tell us one thing you’ve done in your life that will make us interested in you.
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our clients and their employees. Salary: Market and experience-related.
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org