Offers are an amazing way for individuals who have a specific idea of helping to connect with a variety of Causes to see who is the best fit.
This is a more complex interaction, and can cause a bit of confusion. Please make sure you, as a Cause, understand Offers and how they work, so that you can make the most of them.
- Offers are matched to more than one Cause. Our system matches Offers to Causes based on the Cause category and the Cause location. All Offers are visible on the listing site – but it’s best to only look at the Offers on your dashboard. Those are the ones that were matched to your Cause specifically.
- When you are matched to an Offer, you will receive an email. (You will also see the Offer details on your dashboard). If you’re interested in the Offer, follow up with the volunteer / donor as soon as possible. Send them a brief motivation about how you could use it and the impact it will have on your Cause or Beneficiaries. Don’t be upset if you don’t get a reply, there are often too many responses for a volunteer or donor to deal with.
- If you’re NOT interested in this Offer, archive it on your Cause Dashboard. This will now move it out from the “new offers” filter. You can still view old offers by filtering for “all offers”
- You are no longer able to rate Offers. You can only VIEW, or ARCHIVE offers.
- Offers go very quick. If you missed an Offer and only see it a couple of weeks / months later, it has probably already been taken. It’s best to archive that Offer as it is too late to try and apply for it.
- If you don’t get a specific Offer, a good idea is to post that as a Need. So if you wanted an Offer for bookkeeping skills for example, why not create a Need for a bookkeeper?