By adding new Needs to your Cause Dashboard you tell our donors & volunteers exactly how they can help you. Not with the standard ways of volunteering (like planting gardens or helping with your beneficiaries) – but relevant and meaningful involvement with your Cause.
Original, clever Needs are a great way to catch attention. If you’re only thinking of volunteers in the traditional way, you may be missing out! A volunteer is anyone who spends time doing something he/she enjoys and is skilled at – at the same time benefitting you and your Cause.
Here are a few ideas to get you going:
- Ask for experts! Designers, accountants, copywriters – people with skills you don’t have!
- Invite people to join your Fundraising event. Ask for 100 volunteers to buy tickets to your event!
- Ask people to like and share your social media pages!
- Get small groups to participate in sports events.
- Have our users sign up and choose your Cause as their MySchool beneficiary….
- Be specific. If you need a volunteer to have a specific qualification, or be available at a very specific time – say so!
- If you add a “feedback step” to your Need, it will be easier to rate the volunteer. For example, if you’re requesting individuals to like your Facebook page, ask them to let you know when it’s done. You can even ask for screenshots!
- If you need one volunteer, (for example a photographer for an event), ask for 5 volunteers and then select the best candidate. If you get more applications, gently explain that the position has been filled, and then remember to deactivate the need. This way you can choose the volunteer most suited for the position.
Quick HOW TO Guide
1. Sign in to your Cause Dashboard
2. Click on the NEEDS button on the navigation tab
3. Click on “+New Need” button
4. Follow the prompts