Location: Parkhurst, Johannesburg
Do you enjoy working in the NPO sector? Are you Tech Savvy? Do you know the difference between Tax Clearance and Tax Exemption? Then this job is for you!
Please don’t spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the Causes that need their help. We drive both revenue and impact through a Software-as-a-Service product that we sell into corporate South Africa as a tool to create, manage and measure Employee Volunteering Programmes. This platform is used by 18 major brands with 20k+ employees already signed up.
We need someone passionate to head up our Cause & Operations Department – directly dealing with (over 400) Causes. While this position is dealing with our Causes, it is an admin intensive job, which also includes educating our Causes on how to use our platform and educating our Causes on our different 18 clients CSI focus areas.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on…
YOU MUST WANT: To work in a fast-paced tech “scale-up” environment, in a non-traditional job that will require you to help 300+ Causes with a whole lot of communication, OCD excel skills, and the opportunity to have lots of patience.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO: Learn quickly in a hybrid type environment (sometimes in the office, sometimes remotely), work fast, think big, prove yourself and leave your ego at the door. Also, share your passion, be energetic, solve problems on your feet and obsess over the details. Lastly, commit. We’re not going to sink blood, sweat, tears, time and champagne (our celebration method of choice currently) into someone who’s going to bounce when things get hard. You’re in this for 2-4 years or you’re not in it at all.
YOU MUST BE: Comfortable with technology. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO DO:
- Manage inbound traffic to the forgood ecosystem
- Manage our inbound email and our FreshDesk Support Desk to SLA
- Interact with all Cause and Consumer queries in the voice, tone and style of the company
- Escalate where necessary and help action interesting or serious issues.
- Cause Community Management
- Ensure data across the forgood platform is clean, relevant, fresh and friendly (e.g. Cause profiles, Needs, Campaigns etc.)
- Manage Cause Registrations, Cause Verification Process and Client Cause Onboarding
- Keep an audit trail and report on approved/declined/de-activated Causes and related verification data (eg. Tax Clearance, NPO certificates, PBO, 18A etc.)
- Look for tactical opportunities to increase the number of relevant and engaged Causes
- Host Cause training and visits for strategically important Causes
- Organise Cause Meetups in multiple locations.
- Moderate and champion the Cause Network Facebook Group and the Cause section of the blog, driving education and engagement with the platform.
- Create and send appropriate emailers/SMS campaigns to the Cause database. Continually look to improve performance and quality of these campaigns.
- Quality Control – Invent and execute tactics to improve the quality of interactions on the platform
- Increase the Profile Quality & Engagement score for Causes
- Create, maintain and execute processes to improve the quality of experiences across the forgood ecosystem, using resources from the Client Team where appropriate.
- Manage our NPS product rating process, escalate both negative and positive experiences and feed intelligence into the Client & Development Team. Find tactical opportunities to improve our NPS score.
- Content Marketing & Social Media
- Set up, maintain and promote Consumer Campaigns. Source Needs for campaigns across forgood.co.za.
- Contribute to the management, content creation and engagement on our social media properties – especially communication to the Cause community.
- Strategic Projects & Industry Participation
- Assist with research, development and execution of tactical projects
- Research best practice and policy around employee volunteering / employee engagement
- Research and learning about our clients, Causes, technology, competitors and the CSI industry
- Create and deliver presentations and thought leadership where relevant
- Leverage networking opportunities to position and increase the power of the forgood brand.
- Analyse Cause stats and implement changes & process’s according to data.
- Be a team player
- Contribute to and build our culture. Drive us forward.
- Assist with other projects using spare capacity.
- Contribute to high quality bug and feature logging. Work with our developers to build the best social impact product in the developing world.
- Learn and teach something new as often as possible.
- Contribute to and have fun on our social media channels.
Qualifications and experience required
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in a communications or social impact discipline. If you don’t have a degree, prove to us why you don’t need it.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Comfortable talking to people – over the phone, over email and in person. Be a people’s person.
- Comfortable in a tech environment and understand your URL from your Excel.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills.
- Attention to detail. This is a detail orientated job – if you’ve got your head in the clouds – this one isn’t for you.
- Able to work independently, consistently and be proactive.
- Tech savvy on web, mobile and all modern software tools used inside the technology industry
- The ability to invent & execute marketing, management and engagement tactics with a social impact flavour
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Social sector experience
- Freshdesk experience, mailchimp & NPS = bonus
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you CARE. It doesn’t tell us that you REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t.
Please answer these questions.
- Tell us about a high-pressure work situation you have experienced – and what did you learn from it?
- What does an outcomes-based culture mean to you?
- How do you think our product (www.forgood.co.za) can be improved?
- What do YOU have that makes you think you are the person for this role?
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our Users and Causes.
Salary: Market and experience-related. We believe in growing people quickly. You deliver, you keep growing.
Email your answers along with your CV to Romy at email@example.com.