Do you work quickly but accurately? If yes, this one is for you…
Please don’t spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the Causes that need their help. We drive both revenue and impact through a Software-as-a-Service product that we sell into corporate South Africa as a tool to create, manage and measure Employee Volunteering Programmes. This platform is used by 16 major brands with 20k+ employees already signed up.
We need someone to join our dynamic team… working mostly with our Programme Management team, who deal directly with our large South African clients, as we manage their Employee Volunteering Programmes, events and strategic projects on their platforms. You will also work with our Cause Manager and even our Development team. This role is hybrid across all our departments.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on – https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pallotta_the_way_we_think_about_charity_is_dead_wrong
YOU MUST WANT: To work in a fast-paced tech “scale-up” environment, in a non-traditional admin assistant job that will require a whole lot of communication, OCD excel skills, and the opportunity to put your creative genius to the test.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO: Learn quickly in a virtual environment (thanks Covid!), work fast, think big, prove yourself and leave your ego at the door. Also, share your passion, be energetic, solve problems on your feet and obsess over the details. Lastly, commit. We’re not going to sink blood, sweat, tears, time and champagne (our celebration method of choice currently) into someone who’s going to bounce when things get hard. You’re in this for 2-4 years or you’re not in it at all.
YOU MUST BE: Comfortable with technology. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
THE ROLE: Working with our Cause Support & Programme Management Teams.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO DO: (obviously not limited to, we are a small, hands on company)
- Assist the Programme Management team
- Provide support for the team and ensure that any requirements are acted upon within deadline to service the needs of the client or the team
- Handle administrative tasks on forgood’s systems (Mandrill, Freshdesk, Mailchimp, NPS)
- Assist the team in the execution and management of client related initiatives such as events, reporting, campaigns and projects
- Source suppliers / get quotes
- Scheduling meetings
- Daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
- Assist the Cause Manager with Cause related queries, relationship management and processes
- Consumer query desk
- Be able to manage many queries a day, fast turnaround, without losing the personality that’s going to make us awesome to all our users.
- Assist with telephonic queries
- Development: Test and log bugs
Qualifications and experience required
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in a communications discipline. If you don’t have a degree, prove to us why you don’t need it.
- At least 1 year of work experience in a similar position.
- Comfortable talking to people – over the phone, over email and in person. Be a people’s person.
- Comfortable in a tech environment and understand your URL from your Excel.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills.
- Attention to detail. This is a detail orientated job – if you’ve got your head in the clouds – this one isn’t for you.
- Must love admin, process and organising!
- Marketing and “selling” skills. You’re selling us by supporting and communicating with our Users.
- Able to work independently, consistently and be proactive.
- Any social sector experience = bonus
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you CARE. It doesn’t tell us that you REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t.
Please answer these questions.
- Tell us about a high-pressure work situation you have experienced – and what did you learn from it?
- What does an outcomes-based culture mean to you?
- How do you think our product (www.forgood.co.za) can be improved?
- Tell us one thing you’ve done in your life that should make us interested in you.
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our Users.
Salary: Market and experience-related. We believe in growing people quickly. You deliver, you keep growing. If you excel in this position, you WILL grow in our company. Next step? Programme Manager.
Email your answers along with your CV to Mashadi – firstname.lastname@example.org.