We want to be sure, so please don’t just spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the Causes that need their help. We drive both revenue and impact through a Software-as-a-Service product that we sell into corporate South Africa as a tool to create, manage and measure Employee Volunteering Programmes. This platform is used by 20 major brands with 30k+ employees already signed up.
We’re growing as a company, have new product lines and clients which means we need another Programme Manager, who will directly dealing with our clients across South Africa and other territories, as we manage their Employee Volunteering Programmes, events and strategic projects.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on!
YOU MUST WANT:
- To work in a fast-paced environment, where at times it may be necessary to do tasks beyond the job description.
- To be rewarded for outcomes, over effort.
- A non-traditional client service job, with a whole lot of communication, sales, and the opportunity to put your creative genius to the test, while at the same time understanding and hitting performance targets.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Learn quickly, work fast, think big, prove yourself and leave your ego at the door. Share your passion, be energetic, solve problems on your feet and obsess over the small details.
- Present like a guru, build and maintain client relationships and be dedicated to seeing projects through to completion.
- Commit. We’re not going to sink blood, sweat, tears, time and champagne (our celebration method of choice currently) into someone who’s going to bounce when things get hard. You’re in this for 2-4 years or you’re not in it at all.
YOU MUST BE:
- Comfortable with technology. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- We take our client relationships very seriously. You will be the primary interface and lead on 5 of our clients.
- Enable and empower these clients to run best practice employee volunteering programmes that have high engagement and participation rates.
- Build and maintain client relationships and manage proposals, pitching, and contracts.
- Anticipate client needs and problems and develop creative and effective solutions.
- Invent and execute tactics based on client reports and insights.
- Provide strategic input into the design of employee volunteering programmes and the customisation of our platform.
- Contribute to the management, content creation and engagement on our social media properties.
- Assist with research, development and execution of tactical projects in line with the forgood value proposition.
- Research trends, news and best practice around our clients, the technology landscape, our competitors, the social impact industry, employee volunteering and employee engagement.
- Identify, pitch and land additional revenue with our existing clients and assist in finding new applications for our technology in new markets.
- Assist in expanding forgood’s offering to new territories (outside of South Africa)
- Plan, coordinate and run social impact projects for clients, ensuring that all services are delivered efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Work with the Development Team to invent and test new features, concierge user experiences and provide feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A tertiary qualification. If you don’t have a degree, show us why you don’t need one.
- 5+ years, client-facing/client management experience. Don’t cheat on this one – the ability to build relationships and deliver excellent client-facing work takes practice.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills.
- Any social sector experience = bonus but not necessary. We’re more interested in high-performance capitalists that want to create some meaning in the world.
- Event Management / Activation / Marketing / Communication experience VERY preferable. We need all-rounders that are multi-skilled and can multi-task.
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you CARE. It doesn’t tell us that you REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. And we only want to hear from people who REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t.
Please answer these questions.
- Tell us about a difficult account that you managed – and what did you learn from it?
- What does an outcomes-based culture mean to you?
- How do you think our product (www.forgood.co.za) can be improved?
- We’ll get tons of great candidates. Tell us one thing you’ve done in your life that will make us interested in you.
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our Clients.
Salary: Market and experience-related. We believe in growing people quickly. You deliver, you keep growing.
Email your answers along with your CV to Mashadi – email@example.com.