Please don’t spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the Causes that need their help. We drive both revenue and impact through a Software-as-a-Service product that we sell into corporate South Africa as a tool to create, manage and measure Employee Volunteering Programmes. This platform is used by 16 major brands with 20k+ employees already signed up.
We need someone to join our Programme Management team – directly dealing with our large South African clients, as we manage their Employee Volunteering Programmes, events and strategic projects on their platforms.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on!
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- We take our Client relationships very seriously. You will be the primary interface and lead on 4-6 of our Clients.
- Enable and empower these Clients to run best practice employee volunteering programmes that have high engagement and participation rates.
- Build and maintain Client relationships and manage proposals, pitching, budgets, quotes and contracts.
- Anticipate Client needs and problems and develop creative and effective solutions.
- Ideate, take briefs, execute, maintain and report on Client campaigns, events and projects.
- Invent and execute tactics based on Client reports and insights.
- Provide strategic input into the design of employee volunteering programmes and the customisation of our platform.
- Contribute to the management, content creation and engagement on our social media properties.
- Assist with research, development and execution of tactical projects in line with the forgood value proposition.
- Research trends, news and best practice around our Clients, the technology landscape, our competitors, the social impact industry, employee volunteering and employee engagement.
- Identify, pitch and land diversified revenue with our existing Clients and assist in finding new applications for our technology in new markets.
- Plan, coordinate and run social impact projects for Clients, ensuring that all services are delivered efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Work with the Product Management and Development Team to invent and test new features, concierge user experiences and provide feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A tertiary qualification. If you don’t have a degree, show us why you don’t need one.
- 6+ years, client-facing/client management experience. Don’t cheat on this one – the ability to build relationships and deliver excellent client-facing work takes practice.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills.
- Any social sector experience = bonus but not necessary. We’re more interested in high-performance capitalists that want to create some meaning in the world.
- Event Management / Activation / Marketing / Communication experience VERY preferable. We need all-rounders that are multi-skilled and can multi-task.
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you CARE. It doesn’t tell us that you REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. And we only want to hear from people who REALLY WANT THIS ROLE. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t.
Please answer these questions. We’ll ONLY request CVs from the best answers.
- Tell us about a difficult account that you managed – and what did you learn from it?
- What does an outcomes-based culture mean to you?
- How do you think our product (www.forgood.co.za) can be improved?
- In your opinion, how do you think COVID-19 has affected the social sector and corporate employee volunteering programmes in SA?
- How did the pandemic affect your career/personal goals and what have you learnt during this time?
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our Clients.
Salary: Market and experience-related.
Email your answers to Mashadi – firstname.lastname@example.org.